1. Sun Ferry Ltd. booking and cancellation terms
Sun Ferry Ltd., hereinafter referred to as the owner of the ships, follows the subsequent terms and conditions in the booking and cancellation of any vessels. The present terms and conditions are binding to both parties upon written confirmation of the order by the customer a day prior to the date at which the order is due. The customer is obliged to cancel any order that will not be executed.
2. Booking and payment terms
The food served on board ship is to be ordered and stated prior to but no later than fourteen days before departure. The cost for the ship as well as the food to be served will be billed according to the number of people included in the order which notification the customer will provide seven days prior to the cruise. Drinks will be billed according to actual consumption. As means of payment, we also accept general debit and credit cards (Visa, Eurocard / Mastercard, Visa Electron, OK purchase vouchers, Diners Express, and American Express). We reserve the right to amend price lists without any advanced notification.
The Sun Ferry Ltd. has the right to terminate the contract in cases where the previously agreed reservation price has not been paid by the date at which such payment is due. The booking payment will be dealt with along with the final billing after the event.
The ‘cancellation day’ is the day on which Sun Ferry Ltd. receives information on any such cancellation. In cases where the customer proves that the cancellation has been sent out early enough to be received by the date required, cancellation will be accepted even if it has been received late or has not arrived at all.
Where the customer cancels a confirmed ship’s booking between zero to twenty days before the departure date, the contract price will be charged. Where the customer cancels a confirmed ship’s booking between 21-45 days before the departure date, 50 % of the contract price will be charged. Cancellations made more than 45 days prior to departure will be charged a handling fee of 100 euros.
Where catering services are cancelled by the customer between zero to six days prior to the event, the full price of the expenditure calculation will be charged. Where the customer cancels services which have been ordered from the Sun Ferry Ltd. cooperation partners, the terms and conditions which are in force for the respective cooperation partner are to be followed.
4. Terms of transport
Once the transportation of passengers and freight has been undertaken, terms will apply that can be read from the following web site: www.sunlines.fi. The transportation terms are also available in the Sun Ferry Ltd. office. The liabilities of the Sun Ferry Ltd. are limited according to Finnish Maritime Law.
Any potential complaints must be presented immediately to the staff or a member of the crew.
In cases where this is not possible, where there was no satisfactory solution agreed upon in regard to a complaint, or the complaint is accompanied by a claim for a refund, any claim must be presented in writing within one calendar month of the relevant event, to be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com. The handling period for complaints by the Sun Ferry Ltd. is one calendar month.
6. Other information
The Sun Ferry Ltd. is not liable to pay compensation for any potential damages or expenses which are incurred by the customer which result from natural conditions such as sudden weather changes.
The Sun Ferry Ltd. has the right to cancel the booking in cases of force majeure. If such a case arises, the customer is entitled to a full refund. The Sun Ferry Ltd. has the right to cancel any booking in cases where payments related to the booking are not paid by the date at which such payments are due.
Terms of transport
- The charterer is Sun Ferry Ltd. The transportation contract is between the charterer and the passenger.
- The passenger undertakes to follow the vessel’s regulations and security regulations during the entire duration of the cruise.
- The charterer is liable for any personal injuries which passengers may suffer and which were due to an accident or accidents during the voyage in cases where any such accident was caused by a mistake by the charterer or neglect on behalf of the charterer or other any person who is operating within the charterer’s area of responsibility. The same considerations apply to damages due to any damage or destruction to luggage or in regard to any delays which are incurred for any reason.
- The customer undertakes to prove that any potential damage to their luggage or them themselves has been caused by a mistake by or negligence on behalf of the charterer or any other person who is operating within the charterer’s area of responsibility.
- The charterer’s liability is governed by § 15 of Finnish Maritime Law and is, according to § 15, limited to one passenger, with any and all damages which are incurred on the same voyage being accumulated as follows:
- 175,000 SDR for personal injuries
- 4,150 SDR on any passenger transportation delays
- 1,800 SDR in cases of loss, damage or delays involving baggage
- 10,000 SDR for a vehicle
- 2,700 SDR in cases of the loss or damage of, or delays to, any other baggage. Additionally, the charterer is entitled to appeal to § 9 of the Maritime Law.
Liabilities will incur total liability rates according to § 5. The passenger’s own risks:
- 20 SDR on baggage and delay damages
- 150 SDR on vehicle damages
- According to the Special Drawing Right, the SDR is a unit which is determined by the International Monetary Fund with a rate which at 4/10/2013 is set at 1 SDR = EUR1.1321.
- The charterer is not held liable for the following:
- personal injuries or damages to hand baggage as well as any delays which have occurred before the passenger stepping aboard the vessel or before their baggage is brought aboard the vessel and after the passenger has left the vessel or their baggage has been taken off the vessel.
- money, securities, art or valuables.
- The officers, crew and other persons who fall under the area of responsibility of the charterer also bear the aforementioned limitations and liability exemptions.
- Claims which are regulated by these terms and conditions shall be presented to Maritime Law in jurisdiction according to the charterer’s business location or the main area of practice for its business.
- On other issues the provisions of Finnish Maritime Law shall be applied.